The Dallas/Fort Worth Minority Supplier Development Council formed Industry Groups in order to provide more targeted services and connections to certified minority-owned businesses. The Industry Groups provide several benefits to MBEs and our Buying Entity Members:
- Allow like businesses to collaborate and network with each other.
- Help disseminate target trends and information about the specific industry.
- Help to make it easier to identify and work with similar businesses for business opportunities, strategic alliances and partnerships
- Introduce Buying Entities to certified suppliers in a specific industry
The Industry Groups that are a part of D/FW MSDC are as follows:
- Professional Services
- Information Technology (also I.T. staffing is included in professional services)
- Food & Beverage
These groups were identified based upon the number of certified MBEs associated with the Council and the willingness of MBEs to lead and participate in the industry group. Each industry group is encouraged to be led by both a certified MBE owner and a Buying Entity Member representative.
MBE Industry Group leaders automatically become a part of the MBE Input Committee Leadership Team.
For further information about an Industry Group, please contact the Council Staff.